Scholarship Description: ONE Planet is offering minimum of 12 (3.5 year) PhD fully funded studentship awards available for entry September 2019 at Newcastle University in the UK. Studentships are available for Home/EU students only.
Scholarship Provider: ONE Planet offers a cohort-based doctoral training partnership at Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. The Natural and Environmental Research Council (NERC) funds the partnership.
Degree Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Projects will be developed around the 4 ONE Planet themes. All projects must contain a ‘Climate and Climate Change’ or ‘Anthropocene’ theme, and one other theme, to be considered within the ONE Planet remit themes listed below:
- Climate and Climate Change
- Earth Systems Processes
- Environmental Informatics
Scholarship Benefits: Each award includes fees (Home/EU), an annual living allowance (£14,777) and a Research Training Support Grant (for travel, consumables, as required).
Number of Scholarships: 12 studentships are available.
Eligible Nationalities: Studentships are available for Home/EU students only.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Following UKRI eligibility criteria and residential guidelines for research council studentships, ONEPlanet can only consider applications from Home/EU candidates. International applications are not eligible. Please note that EU students without residence requirements (e.g. minimum of 3 years residency) are only eligible for a fees-only studentship.
Application Procedure: Please send a copy of your CV and a 1,000 word research proposal expanding on a suggested, pre-defined ONE Planet PhD project. Alternatively, outline your own research idea, with reference to a main supervisor who you identify as being an expert in this area. We strongly encourage you to contact your potential supervisor before submitting your application.
The following documentation is required:
- Your CV
- Application form
- Your 1,000-word project proposal (with project title and reference code OP19-XX) If you are outlining your own research idea please use reference code OP19-00
- A minimum of two references. These can be submitted with your application if they are signed, or alternatively, they can be emailed directly by the referee to oneplanet-at-ncl.ac.uk. Please note that it is your responsibility to request these references and ensure they that are sent to us.
- Attach degree transcripts and certificates and, if English is not your first language, a copy of your English language qualification.
Deadline: January 31, 2019