UNODA Scholarships for Women
140 scholarships are available for an early career woman from the Global South to take training courses about peace and development-related areas. In 2016 candidates from Asia/Pacific, Africa and Middle East are eligible to apply. Scholarships cover all costs of registration and participation in the training courses.
The Women Scholarship for Peace: Global South is an initiative coordinated by the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) at Vienna in partnership with 26 organisations whose work contribute to disarmament, non-proliferation and development-related issues.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing training courses.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn about peace and development-related areas.
Scholarship Award: A total of 140 scholarships are available, covering all costs of registration and participation in the training courses.
Scholarship can be taken in the Vienna, Austria
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- Age: 22-32 at the time of application
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: Nationals of the following countries and territories are eligible
- Africa, Asia/Pacific, Middle East, Latin America & Caribbean
- Residency: Only candidates residing in their country of eligible nationality at the time of application will be considered.
- Language: The training courses will be conducted in English only.
- Qualifications: A university degree or equivalent qualifications (which could, for example, be constituted of a degree obtained with minimum 2 years of higher education, combined with relevant professional experience).
Eligible Nationality: In 2016 candidates from Asia/Pacific, Africa and the Middle East are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 31 August 2016.