Scholarship Description: Applications are open for the Curtin Housing Bursary for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework in Australia 2019. The bursary is open to the applicants who are commencing studies in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2019.
The Curtin Housing Bursary has been established to assist commencing students requiring financial support who will be residing in Curtin Housing in 2019. The bursary will provide a one-off subsidy of $1,000 towards Curtin on-campus housing.
Scholarship Provider: Curtin is an innovative, global university known for its high-impact research, strong industry partnerships and commitment to preparing students for jobs of the future. They emphasize connections and collaborations across all our Australian and overseas campuses and strive to educate and research in ways that address international issues and challenges.
Degree Level: The bursary is open to pursuing all undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees.
Available Subject: The bursary will be awarded in the subject offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The Curtin Housing Bursary provides the following:
- A one-off subsidy of $1,000 towards Curtin on-campus housing.
- The subsidy will be paid directly to the housing residence as a one-off installment in semester 1, 2019. The recipient will not be in direct receipt of the funds.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available to students from an Australian citizen, the Australian permanent resident, hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or New Zealand, citizen.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Curtin Housing Bursary:
- An Australian citizen, the Australian permanent resident, hold an Australian permanent humanitarian visa or New Zealand, citizen
- Commencing studies in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2019
- Requiring financial support
- Commencing on-campus accommodation at Bentley in 2019
- Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
- Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel on OASIS
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
- Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt will be sent to student email once the application has been submitted
- Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Preference will be given to students who have relocated from a regional or remote area
- Preference will be given to students who are not currently in receipt of a scholarship
- Preference will be given to students who are enrolled full-time
- Step 6: Outcome
- The outcome will be sent via the Scholarships Channel within 4 weeks of the scholarship closing date
- All unsuccessful and successful applicants will be notified
- Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
Note: The bursary will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient need the bursary is not transferrable to other accommodation
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://scholarships.curtin.edu.au/Auth/OasisLogon?id=3701
Deadline: February 22, 2019