The Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is a 3-year program for excellent early-career scientists (up to 3 years after graduation) at Helmholtz Zentrum München – German Research Center for Environmental Health. Talented postdocs who are accepted into the program receive 3-year fully funded postdoctoral positions and can focus on a research project in an institute of the Center.
In 2014, Helmholtz Zentrum München launched an international fellowship program for postdocs. The program supports highly talented postdocs in the development of a competitive scientific profile for a successful scientific career in academic research or industry.
Applicants must have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last 3 years.
Degree Level: Positions are available for the postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fully funded postdoctoral positions available in the following research areas:
- Stem Cells
- Big-Data-Projects in either of the above
Number of Awards: The program supports up to 8 highly talented postdocs in the development of a competitive scientific profile for a successful scientific career in academic research or industry.
Scholarship Benefits: Talented postdocs who are accepted into the three-year program will receive a fully funded postdoctoral position at the respective institute.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the program, applicants
- must have received a doctoral degree in biological sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, veterinary or human medicine or related life sciences within the last 3 years*
- must be fluent in written and spoken English and
- must not have been recruited to the Center for more than 6 months.
*Parental leave of up to two years can be acknowledged. Graduate students may only apply if their doctoral thesis has already been handed in and if they will receive their doctoral degree by the start of work at the Center.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: To apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, please proceed as follows:
- Register with the online application platform by entering your title, academic title, first and last name, email address and a login name of your choice.
- Check your email account and log in at the application platform with the provided password. Please change the password immediately.
- Fill in the application form and upload your documents as pdf files. You can save your application form during the application period. Submission of your application is only possible if all required fields and documents marked with * are filled in or uploaded. Non-required fields and documents are optional but we recommend that you fill in and upload all of these fields. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to assess your application.
- Once all information has been filled in, click the “Preview and submit” button. Check the preview of your application and click the button again to finally submit your application. Afterwards you will not be able to change your application, but you will be able to check the status of your reference letters.
- Contact your referees and make sure that they provide their reference letters via the application portal one week after the application deadline at the latest.
We recommend submitting your application early. If you have problems filling in your application, you may contact us for advice via [email protected] Please understand that we cannot respond to these requests in the last 14 days of the application period.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.