Applicants to the AIAS Foundation Scholarship must intend to pursue a career or working as an early professional in any aspect of game development including but not limited to: art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, law, marketing, and business administration.
AIAS Foundation Scholarships, California 2022-23 is available to undertake Undergraduate, Graduate level programs at .
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
AIAS Foundation Scholarship will assist undergraduate and graduate students to study in USA.
• Must be a full-time undergraduate student or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university during the 2022-23 academic school year OR or working as an early professional (within their first two years in the industry).
• Must be 21 years or older by February 6th, 2023. If under 21, must acknowledge that they are not eligible to participate in activities during D.I.C.E. Summit including the mentor program on site.*
• Major: Any field
• GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale
• Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
• Family members of AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
• Academic institutions must be accredited by the standard and customary university/college accrediting institution(s) for the country or countries where they operate. If there is any question as to the accreditation of any academic institution, the Foundation reserves the exclusive right to determine in its sole judgment whether students from that institution will be eligible for Foundation scholarships.
• Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
To complete this application, you must upload the following:
1. Two page (maximum) personal statement, including:
• Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
• A statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
2. Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
• Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
• Letters of recommendations must address your potential to make significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
3. For student applications, include:
• An online transcript
• Proof of enrollment
For early professional applications, include:
• Proof of employment