Asian Development Bank Scholarship Program Japan, 2015
Asian Development Bank is offering two years MA, MS, & MBA scholarships to national of an ADB borrowing member country. Under Asian Development Bank Scholarships Program 2015 eligible students can apply for MA, MS, & MBA programs at various designated institutions in Asia and Pacific region. During scholarship the student will get full tuition fee, Housing, Subsistence allowance, Medical Insurance, Travel expenses and books expenses Insurance completely . The last date for submission of application is 31st May 2015.
Participating Institution: Following Institution(s) are participating
Designated Institutions in Asia and Pacific Region.
Subject Offered: Following Subject are offered
economics, business and management, science and technology and other development-related fields
Degree Level Offered: Following Degree Level Courses are offered.
MA, MS, & MBA
Eligibility: To be eligible for Asian Development Bank Scholarships 2015 Program following eligibility conditions are required.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at a DI.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of DIs are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of following countries are eligible.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei,China, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- Priority to the ranking, or order of merit, proposed by the DIs.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. Family income should be not more than USD50, 000 per year and individual income should not be more than USD25,000 per year.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second MA or a second PhD degree.
- Candidates who are applying at a DI in their own country may not be selected.
- Diversification of nationality in the overall Program as well as at each DI level will be considered.
- The Program encourages studies in line with core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector develpment, and education. Strategry 2020, ADB’s strategy, sets ADB’s strategic course for its operations to the year 2020.
- Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen DI. Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the DI’s website & handbooks, and DI information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the DI and course they wish to undertake.
- Applicants should indicate to the DI that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed DI application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the DI. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants are required to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income/Spouse if married).
- The DI will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, the DI may contact the candidates for further information. The DI will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from the DIs and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise DIs on the successful candidates.
- The DI will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
- The DIs will arrange for the signing of the Acceptance of Scholarship Award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to each scholar.
Deadline: Last date for application submission is 31st May 2015
Further Information (Official website link)
Read More: Scholarships in Japan