Scholarship Description: The Bank for International Settlements is looking for excellent applicants for its Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available for international students.
The aim of the fellowship allows prominent scholars to gain an insight into the policymaking environment of the BIS and foster joint research between academics and BIS economists.
About University: The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international financial institution owned by central banks which “fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks”.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the research programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of economic research on policy-related issues.
Scholarship Benefits: Fellowship will cover the following:
- Successful candidates will be offered accommodation, reimbursement of travel costs, and a monthly or daily honorarium.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the fellowship:
- Candidates should have an outstanding publication record and hold a PhD from a leading university.
- In considering applications, the BIS will pay particular regard to the relevance of the research to current problems in economics and finance.
- While at the BIS, research fellows will be expected to complete one or more research papers of a theoretical or empirical nature for presentation at internal seminars and external conferences and for publication both as a BIS Working Paper and in a leading refereed journal.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply via email:
- Applications should be submitted in English and must include:
- A one-page summary of the research work that the candidate proposes to carry out at the BIS, specifying the objectives of the work, the methodological, statistical and computing requirements involved, and the approximate time needed to complete the research and prepare submissions.
- Suggestions for possible co-authorships with BIS staff.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including details of the candidate’s publication record.
- Applications should be sent to bisrf-at-bis.org
Deadline: The application deadline is December 15, 2017.