Canada 2015 UOIT Global Leadership award for International Students, The University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s (UOIT) invites applications for global leadership award from international secondary school student currently studying outside of Canada. The award is valued at $72,000 ($18,000 x 4 years). To qualify for renewal of these awards, students must maintain an average of 80 percent or 3.7 GPA while studying at UOIT on a full-time course load (as per UOIT’s grading scale). The last date of submission of application is March 31, 2016.
Participating Institute: University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s (UOIT) in Canada.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in all subjects available at UOIT.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for undergraduate programme.
- Nominated by high school.
- Only one candidate per school will be considered for this award.
- An excellent academic record (“A” average OR equivalent grading based on the high school evaluation where the candidate is studying).
- Personal leadership activities: e.g. excellence in extracurricular activities beyond academic requirements and/or significant contributions to community or family.
- Undergraduate studying towards their first university degree.
Non-Canadian citizens only and a high school applicant currently studying outside of Canada only.
Note: If your Canadian immigration status changes, the value of the award will change.
Application Procedure: International students (Non-Canadian citizens) are eligible to apply for this award.
What does it cover: The award is valued at $72,000 ($18,000 x 4 years).
Selection Criteria: The Awards Committee will make selections based on the above qualifications.
Notification: Successful applicants will be notified by early June.
Application Procedure: All information must be keyboarded or typed on additional paper, except where noted. Handwritten applications will be discarded. Submit a maximum of two letters of reference with your application. Ensure that the letters are in sealed envelopes that are stamped or signed across the seal by the referee. Submit completed applications to the UOIT Registrar’s Office via post.
Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2016.