Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program 2015-16, Applications are invited for Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program from Canadian students, researchers, faculty members and professionals. Scholarships are awarded to students who wish to study and/or do research at participating Chinese institutions. Each award is tenable for a period of no more than 12 months and no less than four months for students or no less than eight weeks in the case of mid career professionals, teaching and research staff. The application deadline is August 3, 2015.
Participating Institute: Chinese Ministry of Education and Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) in China.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for studies and research, for a combination of studies and language studies, or for language studies only.
Degree Level: Scholarships are awarded to students who wish to study and/or do research at participating Chinese institutions.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be Canadian citizens;
- be either a full-time permanent teaching or research staff at a recognized postsecondary education or research institution in Canada; a student enrolled in either a college, undergraduate or graduate program at a recognized post-secondary education institution in Canada; or a mid-career professional from a Canadian government, media or cultural organization, or national education association, who has a graduate studies (master’s or PhD) degree and has managerial, policy development or decision making responsibilities for at least three years with the organization;
- have achieved the required level of written and spoken Chinese by the host institution in China, if applicable; and
- undertake studies in an approved subject area in a Chinese institution.
Eligible Nationalities: Canadian citizens can apply for this program.
What does it cover: The award component provided by the Chinese Ministry of Education includes:
- tuition fees at participating Chinese institutions;
- a monthly stipend appropriate to the recipient status as students and research scholars;
- medical insurance;
- teaching and research materials; and
- meals and accommodation during stopovers in Beijing/Shanghai en route to the final destination.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be assessed on the applicant’s academic merit and proposed research plan. Professionals must demonstrate strong leadership qualities through a commitment to innovation, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Preference will be given to those candidates whose research is related to China.
Notification: Applicants must ensure that a permanent email address is included in their application to receive notification. Pre-selected candidates will receive an award letter which they will need to submit as soon as possible to the three Chinese institutions listed on their application to obtain a letter of admission. The CSC will communicate with successful candidates by August 2015. Selection of the scholarship recipients is subject to the CSC agreeing to the terms of admission of the host university or institution in China.
Application Procedure: To be considered for a Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program, the applicant must complete the following two-step process.
- Applicants must first complete and submit the online application form of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) available on this site and provide the supporting documents as requested.
- Applicants must complete and submit the CSC online application from the China Scholarship Council (CSC) website as well as an application package submitted by mail.
Deadline: The last date of submission of application is August 3, 2015.