Scholarship Description: The University of Prince Edward Island is awarding SJDAW Graduate Scholarship to pursue research in the field of animal welfare. The scholarship is available for both Canadian and International students.
The scholarship will support the training of researchers at the Masters or Doctoral level to pursue animal welfare research at the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Prince Edward Island has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence dating back to the early 19th century, with roots in its founding institutions, Prince of Wales College (PWC).
Degree Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Available Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of animal welfare.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Masters Student (Domestic) $24,522 – renewable for one additional year
- Masters Student (International) $31,467 – renewable for one additional year
- PhD Student (Domestic) $24,522 – renewable for two additional years
- PhD Student (International) $31,467 – renewable for two additional years
Eligible Nationalities: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible
Eligibility Criteria: This competition is open to any candidate who meets the admission criteria for graduate studies at UPEI1 For information on satisfying the UPEI criteria for admission
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet necessary language requirements.
Application Procedure: The attachments to the email application package must be in English and must include a letter of intent highlighting areas of interest and specifically addressing each of the selection criteria below, a current curriculum vitae, and academic records. Academic records include scanned copies of official transcripts from all university courses completed by the time of application, together with academic awards, prizes and scholarships. Applicants must provide:
- One example of their academic writing, e.g. an academic publication, thesis or essay. Additional publications are to be listed in the CV.
- A letter of commitment from the proposed supervisor at AVC/UPEI to include provisions for operating funding if the applicant is successful (i.e., funding currently in place or applied for, or an outline of plans to obtain funding).
- A one-page outline of their animal welfare research project that has been agreed upon with the proposed supervisor
Deadline: February 16, 2018