Chevening Awards for Somalian Students 2014-15
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers. The Scholarships not only offer financial support to study for a Master’s degree at the UK’s leading universities, but the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
The following awards are available in Somalia:
- Chevening Somalia Scholarships
- Chevening Central Partnership Awards
What can I study?
For Chevening Somalia Scholarships, we accept applications from a wide range of subject areas, and particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Public Management and Governance
- Development Studies
- Violence, Conflict and Development Management
- Human Rights
- Economics and Security
What does a Chevening Scholarship in Somalia include?
- A monthly stipend
- Travel to and from your country via an approved route
- An arrival and excess baggage allowance
- A thesis or dissertation grant
- The cost of an entry clearance visa
- Tuition fees
There is also a global Chevening fee cap of £13,000 for MBA and Master’s in Finance. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.
How do I apply?
- Please read this important information before you apply.
- Follow the instructions on the Apply page to submit your application.
Please note: There are no English language test centres available in Somalia so you will be required to travel to another country to take a language test.