Chevening / Southampton Partnership Award for Masters Students in UK 2015-2016
Applications are invited for Chevening/Southampton Partnership Award for candidates from all Chevening-eligible countries. Awards are available for any one-year taught master’s degree offered at the University of Southampton. Award includes full tuition fees for your chosen course at Southampton; country fee caps do not apply. The application deadline is 15th November.
- Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Southampton.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree level at University of Southampton.
- Chevening/University of Southampton is providing these scholarships.
–Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there for a minimum of 2 years after your Chevening Award has finished.
-Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper-second class (2:1) honours degree in the UK before applying.
-Have completed at least two years’ work experience before applying. This can include voluntary work and paid or unpaid internships
-Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2015.
-Apply to three different eligible UK university courses (unless otherwise specified in your award category). For further information visit ‘what courses should I apply to?’
-Not hold British citizenship or dual British citizenship, unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong.
-Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK government-funded scholarship.
-Not be an employee, relative of employee, or former employee (since July 2012) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defense and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Students of Chevening country (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, DR Congo, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Southern Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
- A Chevening/Southampton Partnership Award includes full tuition fees for your chosen course at Southampton; country fee caps do not apply. You will also receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award. As a Chevening/Southampton Partnership Award recipient, you will stand to benefit from an expanding suite of unique networking and engagement opportunities offered by Chevening Partners. In addition, applying for a partnership award will increase your chances of being considered for a Chevening Award at Southampton. Awards are available for any one-year taught Master’s degree offered at the University of Southampton. Applicants can choose any course of study, but are encouraged to refer to their country pages for details of priority areas of study for their region. The University of Southampton is a member of the Russell Group of research intensive UK universities, and is regularly ranked among the top 20 institutions in the UK and in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
- Scholarships are offered for one year.
- A Chevening/Southampton Partnership Award includes full tuition fees for your chosen course at Southampton; country fee caps do not apply. You will also receive the same allowance and stipend package as a main Chevening Award. As a Chevening/Southampton Partnership Award recipient, you will stand to benefit from an expanding suite of unique networking and engagement opportunities offered by Chevening Partners. In addition, applying for a partnership award will increase your chances of being considered for a Chevening Award at Southampton.
- Complete an application form via Chevening, online application system. There are ten sections to the application form, and you will need to complete all sections before you can submit your application. The application form guidance explains each section in more detail. You can save your application at any time, and log in to complete it later.
The application deadline is 15th November.
Share this scholarship for Others