Scholarship Description: The Copenhagen Business School is offering PhD Scholarship in Economic Rationalities within the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP). International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: The Copenhagen Business School often abbreviated and referred to as CBS, is a public university situated in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Economic Rationalities within the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP) at Copenhagen Business School.
Examples of research areas that a scholarship might cover:
- Genealogies of theological-economic concepts and practices
- Economic rationalities, neoliberal morality and affect
- The religious politics of liberal and neoliberal economic thought
- Non-Christian religious imaginaries and market societies outside ‘the West’
- The sacrality of money and the origins of financial crises
- Post-human eschatology and the biotech industry
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and the ‘demonic’ (Karl Barth)
- Scarcity, excess and sacrifice in global economic orders
Scholarship Benefits: A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent to ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 percent of the base salary. The salary level and appointment are determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The PhD student will be enrolled at PhD School in Organisation and Management Studies.
To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the master’s degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
The application must include:
- A project description (5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a very brief outline of how the project would fit in with the core areas of the department.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not the mother tongue.
Deadline: August 1, 2018