Applications are invited for CRENC Studentships for MD students, MDs and Medical Residents. International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
CRENC prides itself of being a not-for-profit professional research organization made of academics, clinicians and students. CRENC promotes excellence at each step starting from evidence generation to its translation into clinical or public health policies and implementation of these policies.
Deadline: September 31, 2018
Degree Level: This studentship is available for MD students, MDs and Medical Residents.
Study Subject: This studentship available to undertake short collaborative projects with Prof. Anastase DZUDIE, as principal investigator and the CRENC research group, in clinical research.
Scholarship Award: At the moment, the CRENC does not provide stipends for any project. ALl expenses related to the research project will be incurred by the candidate. All candidates are thus, informed that their projects will be self funded unless specified otherwise.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this studentship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- MD students or Postdocs (MD) from all academic departments and research centers are eligible to apply.
- The MD student must be currently registered with the university (i.e. up until the faculty sign off of MD thesis)
- The postdoc or post MD must have an attestation of completion of studies, demonstrate research interest (thesis defense, abstract presentation – oral or poster) or track of published research article (s).
- The posdoc or post MD may be in early clinician phase i.e. 4-0 years post-graduation, early, mid or late phase for medical residency.
- Applications must be discussed with and approved by students supervisor and head of department (or authorized person acting on behalf e.g. PGR tutor), prior to submission.
- It is anticipated that the majority of projects will be within the 12-3 month’s duration.
- All projects must be completed, and fully spent, by 30th March 2019 (UB, UDla), 30th July 2019 (UDM).
- A portion of the placement should be spent with the PL (Prof. Anastase DZUDIE) (to be appropriate to the opportunity and assessed on a case by case basis)
- Whilst students can undertake a CRENC MD studentship at any point during their MD or medical residency. Ideally it would take place either in the last or second to the last year of the PhD, after submission of the first draft of the MD thesis in the 5th year. Timings, responsibilities and impact of undertaking a CRENC studentship must be discussed and agreed with the students research coordinator, responsible departmental adviser or supervisor. It is imperative that the CRENC MD studentship does not cause the whole of the project to extend beyond its 2-1 year team, or impact in an otherwise negative way on previously agreed milestones.
- It is expected that the placement project will be connected to the student’s medical career interests, program or related objectives, and will therefore not constitute a leave of Absence from the MD or medical residency.
Language Requirements: Language proficiency (English is preferred language) is required.
Application Procedure: To submit an application, please email a signed electronic copy of the completed application form to arianenouko-at-gmail.com, copy (cc) to tchounjaraissa-at-gmail.com and ebasone.kewir-at-crenc.org.