CSE Fully Funded PhD Studentship, University of Edinburgh, 2015
University of Edinburgh Business School CSE Fully Funded PhD Studentship for International Students
The Centre for Service Excellence (CSE) at the University of Edinburgh Business School is offering a fully funded PhD studentship on ‘Making a reality of the Public Service – Dominant Logic’.The CSE is an interdisciplinary research and engagement centre within the University of Edinburgh Business School.
Course(s) Offered: Mgt, Admin, etc
Course Level: Graduate (PhD)
Provider: University of Edinburgh Business School
Country to Study in: UK
Applicants should have:
- possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited university in the UK or overseas, with evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall in your Masters) and the ability to undertake independent research (Master’s dissertation at distinction level). This may be in a management discipline, public policy, public administration or management, or social policy, and;
- for applicants whose native language is not English, an IELTS score of least 7.0, with no score lower than 6.0 in each section, or the equivalent from our approved list of certificates.
Selection will be based on:
- quality of research proposal;
- previous academic performance;
- reference letters; and
- publications (if any).
Citizens of All Countries
The Centre for Service Excellence (CSE), University of Edinburgh Business School, Edinburgh, Scotland
Fields of study
The successful applicant will undertake developmental activities that may include research support and training for tutoring.
As part of their studentship, they will also be expected to contribute to the school’s teaching programmes during their second and third years of the scholarship, for a maximum of six hours per week.
Number of awards
Not specified, please inquire from provider
The award will be for three years, subject to satisfactory progress
The CSE offers a fully funded PhD studentship, whose value is £14,000 + tuition fees (EU/overseas).
The award is broken down and awarded at the following rates:
- European Union candidates: standard EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
- Non-European Union candidates: standard non-EU tuition fee plus maintenance fee of £14,000 per year.
Method of Application
All applications are made online at the official website.
To apply for this scheme, please ensure that in your online application you:
- Specify that you wish to be considered for this studentship;
- include a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and why you are the ideal person to receive this scholarship;
- include an initial research proposal specifying your research question, how it fits into and extends the literature, and your initial thoughts upon an appropriate methodology – this should be a maximum of 1,500 words (plus references); and
- include a CV.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information onhow to apply for this scholarship award.
The deadline date for applications is Friday 1st May 2015
It is advisable to apply as early as possible to ensure your application receives full consideration.
Depending on your location, interviews may be carried out remotely, e.g. Skype.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes