2015-2017 Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Mathematical Modelling
Applications are invited for Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in the area of Mathematical Modelling (MathMods) available for both European and non-European students. MathMods is a two-year program which can be taken within University of L’Aquila in Italy (UAQ), Autonomous University of Barcelona in Catalonia (UAB), University of Hamburg in Germany (UHH),Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (GUT) and University of Nice- Sophia Antipolis in France (UNSA). These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants. The application deadline is January 31, 2015.
- Selected applicants will join a European MSc in mathematical modelling (MathMods).
- Scholarship is awarded for pursuing 2-year Joint Master Degree programme between 5 EU universities: University of L’Aquila in Italy (UAQ) and involving other four leading institutions in Europe: Autonomous University of Barcelona in Catalonia (UAB), University of Hamburg in Germany (UHH), Gdansk University of Technology in Poland (GUT) and University of Nice – Sophia Antipolis in France (UNSA).
Eligibility: Applicants must have obtained a recognized Bachelor’s Degree (BS, BSc, SB, etc.) or a degree at the level of a Bachelor’s Degree, for instance its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of high standing, or 180 ECTS credits in the European system in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering with a large background in Mathematics. All applicants whose native language is not English are required to prove a satisfactory level of spoken and written English, certified by TOEFL (550 points), IELTS (6.0 points) or equivalent. EM scholarships are awarded to the most talented applicants who will be full-time students enrolled on the MathMods MSc course, based on the evaluation made by the MathMods Evaluation Committee:
Category A: includes applicants who meet all the requirements below:
-Applicants who are from a country which is not: EU (28 European Union member states) and Non-EU Programme Countries (former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey).
-Applicants who have never benefited from an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
-Applicants who have not carried out their activities (study, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the EU or Non-EU Programme Countries. The reference date for this rule is 28 February 2015.
Category B: includes European students as well as students who do not fulfil the criteria for Category A.
Windows: Additional Category-A and Category-B scholarships will be awarded to applicants coming from specific geographical regions.
- This Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is for European and Non European Students
- More than 10 scholarships are available.
- These scholarships amount to a maximum of EUR 48,000.00 to cover the two-year expenses and are granted to the most promising applicants.
- The Consortium will establish an Evaluation Committee, made up of five members, one for each partner institution. Each member will evaluate each application firstly by themselves, through the MathMods online database, and then during one meeting (at least) along with all the other members of the Committee.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline category A and windows is January 31, 2015. Applications for category B will close on 15 February 2015.