Scholarship Description: Domus Academy is inviting applications for Fondazione Gianfranco Ferre Award. Scholarships are awarded to pursue the Master in Fashion Design at Domus Academy, commencing in September 2018.
Scholarship Provider: Domus Academy is a private school of design in Milan, Italy. It offers post-graduate and professional courses in fashion, industrial design, and design management.
Applicants must have knowledge of the English language (IELTS 5.0 academic or equivalent certificate).
Degree Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing master’s programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Fashion Designing.
Scholarship Benefits: One scholarship covering 10.000€ of the tuition fee of the Master in Fashion Design.
Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Nationalities: The competition is reserved for EU students.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2017/18.
Each candidate will be asked to present:
- A visual research referencing selected Gianfranco Ferré’s work;
- A moodboard with the definition of the concept through images and keywords;
- Colour and Material board;
- Design development through sketches and pictures of pattern experimentation and fabric manipulations;
- Line-up of 5 complete outfits (accessories can be included) through hand-drawn or digital illustrations;
- Technical drawings of each outfit;
- Photos of the final prototype of one garment;
- A 300-word abstract describing the project.
The overall submission shall also include:
- General Portfolio of projects of the applicant
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree / Academic Diploma translated into English
- Academic Transcript / Marksheet of previous studies translated in English
- Copy of passport
- Domus Academy Application Form
Projects in digital format must be uploaded online or sent by e-mail.
Deadline: April 6, 2018