Scholarship Description: International Student House and London Metropolitan University would like to welcome applications from American students who are considering a full- time master’s course in the UK.
The scholarship will offer up to four eligible students free accommodation in London and tuition at London met for the duration of their program of study.
All of our outreach activities include the participation of student ambassadors, but we also offer to stand-alone student talks, workshops and mentoring which give school/college students an insight into the day-to-day academic and social life of university students, as well as promoting students, as well as promoting student aspiration, achievement and progression into higher education.
Degree Level: Studentship is available to pursue master’s degree program.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines of academic study.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship can be taken in one year’s free accommodation at international student’s house: a single room, fully furnished, inclusive of specified household bills and Wi-Fi.
One year’s postgraduate tuition at London Metropolitan University.
Living costs stipend(for exceptional circumstances only and determined by the scholarship panel)
Travel to/from the UK.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarship is awarded to International applicants (US citizens only).
Entrance Requirements:Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Have graduated or be expected to graduate with an applicable bachelor’s degree of first class classification (or equivalent grade point average (GPA) by 17 August 2018.
- Have applied for a full time master’s at London Metropolitan University beginning in September 2018.
- Have accepted an unconditional offer of admission for the academic year 2018-2019.
- IELTS 6.5(minimum) unless English language exemption applies (as it does for the majority of English-speaking nationals).
- Be available to start academic studies at London Metropolitan University by 24 September 2018-no deferral to a subsequent academic year will be permitted.
- Be aged 18 or above when you enroll at London Metropolitan University.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to apply: All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the scholarship panel by 13 August 2018. The university will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful by 20 August 2018. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
The University must support and validate your application for it to be considered by the scholarship panel.
Deadline:13 August 2018