Fulbright-Hovnanian Grant for Armenian Students in USA, 2017-2018
The Embassy of the United States of America is pleased to announce Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the academic year 2017-2018. Grant is available for pursuing master’s degree program at U.S. universities.
The Fulbright program is sponsored by the Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Foundation for students with a vision for contributing to Armenia’s future through a master’s degree in STEM fields and/or entrepreneurship.
The mission of The Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Foundation is to provide funding for charitable, educational, religious, scientific, literary or testing for public safety purposes.
Applicant must be proficient in English/successful TOEFL and GRE exams.
Course Level: Grant is available for pursuing master’s degree program at U.S. universities.
Study Subject: Grant is awarded in STEM fields and/or entrepreneurship.
Scholarship Award: Grant includes round-trip international travel; tuition at your U.S. university; a monthly stipend for the length of the program; supplemental health and accident coverage; a book and materials allowance; and participation in Fulbright enrichment activities.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Armenian citizenship and residency
- Completed BA studies by the start of the grant
- Proficiency in English/successful TOEFL and GRE exams
- Completed your online application, including research paper
- Completed or deferred your military service
Nationality: Applicants from Armenia can apply for this grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have completed their BA studies by the start of the grant.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Proficiency in English/successful TOEFL and GRE exams.
How to Apply: Applicant will need to have these items ready before they begin the online application process
- A personal statement describing why you want to study in the U.S.
- A “Field of Study” essay describing your academic and professional goals
- A personal statement describing how your degree will contribute to Armenia’s future
- Three people who will submit a letter of recommendation for you. These should be people who can speak to your academic abilities and professional goals.
- If they have them, their most recent test scores for the TOEFL and/or GRE. (If you don’t have these, you can still apply—the Embassy will arrange to test for you if you are selected as one of the final candidates.)
Application Deadline: The deadline for applying is July 15, 2016.