Scholarship Description: The University of Kassel is offering International Scholarships for students who wish to take part in the ISU-courses.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Kassel is a university founded in 1971 located in Kassel, Hesse, in Germany. As of October 2013, it had about 23,000 students and more than 2,600 staff, including 307 professors.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for students who wish to take part in the ISU-courses.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Engineering and Nano Science.
Scholarship Benefits: Below is the types of scholarship offered for the ISU Kassel 2018:
- Earthquake Engineering Scholarship: One full scholarship covering the program fee of €1.990 (early-bird fee) is available for applicants who wish to take part in the ISU-course “Introduction to Earthquake Engineering”. Please note that the scholarship cannot be paid in cash nor be accumulated with other scholarships and is only available for students (not for lecturers or researchers) who are currently affiliated with an Institution of Higher Education. Information sheet for the scholarship is available here: Earthquake Engineering Scholarship
- NANO Scholarship: One scholarship amounted up to €2200 is sponsored by the University of Kassel and available for a student or a graduate student from around the globe who wishes to take part in the Nano Science module of ISU 2018. The scholarship waives the full program fee of €1.990 (early-bird fee) and covers travel allowance up to €210.
- German Cambridge Society Scholarship: The partial scholarship amounted to €1000 will be awarded by the German Cambridge Society for two applicants who wish to take part in the Nano, Culture or Engineering module.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: General requirements for the scholarships are:
- A strong letter of motivation stating why you are eligible for the scholarship
- One letter of recommendation from your professor (or at least a lecturer with a doctorate degree).
- A completed and signed ISU Application Form
- A letter of motivation for joining ISU (column provided in the application form)
- A CV
- A copy of academic transcripts of all university exams (in case the transcripts are issued in languages other than English or German, please send the copy of them in the original language and the translations in English)
- For applicants whose native language is not English, a proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, TOEFL prediction, IELTS, or any English certificate from a local language center such as British Council, English First or a language center at your university)
The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: March 18, 2018