Dalhousie University is delighted to offer Abdul Majid Bader Graduate Scholarships to study in Canada. Iranian, as well as international applicants, are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Dalhousie University main objective is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
Dalhousie University is internationally known as one of North America’s most welcoming universities. Founded in 1818, Dalhousie is one of Canada’s oldest universities, attracting more than 18,100 students from around the world. Located on Canada’s East Coast, the university blends world-class academic programs with leading-edge research.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships will be awarded to students in Masters or Doctoral programs at Dalhousie University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is valued at $30,000 for one twelve-month academic year of full-time study. The scholarship is renewable, subject to an annual progress review (scholarship-class standing required). The award can be held for a maximum of 24 months of fulltime study. Fees are not waived and must be paid out of the award.
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded to students in Masters or Doctoral programs at Dalhousie University.
- First preference will be given to Iranian students who are residents of Iran.
- Second preference will be given to other international students.
- Applicants with first class standing in their undergraduate program, who are intending to pursue studies in any discipline in which Dalhousie offers graduate degrees are welcome to apply once they have been accepted into a program.
- Applications may also be submitted by departments for eligible students who have been accepted into a graduate program.
Nationality: Iranian as well as International applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships. First preference will be given to Iranian students who are residents of Iran. Second preference will be given to other international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their first class standing in their undergraduate program.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Application should be sent by post. Applicants are required to submit:
- A signed, one-page statement of their career development to date, their future career aspirations and the relevance of their program of studies to those aspirations.
- Each of these statements may not exceed one typewritten, double-spaced page. Brief, well-written statements will be to the applicant’s advantage.
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies Office will provide the Selection Committee with a copy of the applicants’ transcripts and letters of reference as submitted with their admission documentation.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 1, 2016.