Scholarship Description: The Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt is inviting applications for Haniel Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are available for students applying for Master of Public Policy programme.
Scholarship Provider: The Willy Brandt School of Public Policy is a public institute for research and education in the field of public policy at the University of Erfurt.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Master of Public Policy programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships
Haniel Scholarships: Haniel Scholarship holders receive a full scholarship in the amount of €750 per month for the duration of the two-year Master of Public Policy at the Brandt School.
Haniel Stipends: Haniel Stipends cover the costs of the tuition fees at the Brandt School for the two-year study period (€6,000). Stipend rates will be allotted per semester (€1,500 per semester). Each year up to three stipends are awarded.
Number of Scholarships: Each year up to four scholarships are awarded.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply. (Haniel Scholarships are open to applicants from Eastern European and CIS countries and Haniel Stipends are open to applicants showing excellence from Germany, Western Europe, the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Australia).
Eligibility Criteria: The prerequisites for applying to the Master of Public Policy program are:
- Higher education entrance qualification (i.e. high school diploma, Abitur)
- College or university degree (Bachelor, Master, Diploma, state exam, etc.) equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree with a minimum duration of 6 semesters
- First professional experience
- Above-average grades or above-average professional performance
- Analytical talent and pronounced interest in political problems
- Candidates who received their degree from an English-language college or university are not required to submit proof of their English language proficiency in the form of a test score report. Instead, they must submit an official letter from their university stating that English was the language of instruction, all coursework, and all examinations
The following documents are required for an application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Certified Copies of Diplomas, Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of Passport
Haniel Scholarships: To apply for the scholarship, applicants indicate their interest on the general MPP online application form and in their personal statement. Several steps further down the application process – after admission to the program – University will provide applicants with the scholarship application form which needs to be completed and sent back to them.
Haniel Stipends: Please submit your completed MPP application no later than June 15 (also for applicants with EU citizenship) to be considered for a stipend, indicating your interest on the general MPP online application form and in your personal statement.
Deadline: June 15, 2018