IAEA essay competition is now open for students and early career professionals as part of the IAEA’s International Conference on Nuclear Security: Commitments and Actions taking place from 5 to 9 December 2016 at IAEA headquarters in Vienna.
The competition is only open to nationals of IAEA Member States. Applicants must be 35 years of age and under (born after 1st January 1981). Those who are considered for the prizes will be requested to send their identification documents (E.g. copy of passport) to facilitate administrative arrangements and travel to Austria.
The IAEA encourages students and young professionals from developing countries, especially women, to submit original and innovative essays on the future of nuclear security. To inspire essay topics, applicants may choose to refer to the conference web page for a list of high-level themes and planned technical session subjects
The IAEA invites students and early career professionals, aged 35 years and under, to submit an innovative and original essay on the future of Nuclear Security: Commitments and Actions. To inspire essay topics, applicants may choose to refer to the Conference Webpage for a list of high-level themes and technical session subjects for the Conference.
- Submission Deadline: Monday 5 September 2016, 2016 at 11:59pm, Vienna Time (CET)
- Length: 2,500 words and under
- Format: Word document, submission by email to NUSECessay2016-at-iaea.org.
- Limit: One entry per person
- Language: Any official language of the IAEA (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish).
3 winners will be presented with cash prizes of €2000 and a certificate signed by the Director General of the IAEA. In addition, all 3 winners will receive flight tickets, accommodation and daily living expenses to attend and present their papers at the International Conference in Vienna, Austria (5-9 December 2016). The essays will be posted on the IAEA Conference Website with a link to the IAEA Conference App for the duration of the Conference.
The submission email should
- Be sent to NUSECessay2016-at-iaea.org
- Contain “Essay Competition 2016”_”applicant’s family name” in the subject line – E.g. Essay Competition 2016_Smith
- Have the essay as an attachment in MS Word format
- Contain the following information in the content-
Applicant’s family name according to passport:
Applicant’s first name according to passport:
If a student, enrolled program (bachelors, Masters, Ph.D.)
Country of passport:
The essay submission deadline : 5 September 2016.