The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is offering fully funded PhD scholarships for a variety of projects. The program (fully taught in English) will start September 1st, 2017.
The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is a leading Research Center and Graduate School in the Social Sciences in the Netherlands.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded for a variety of projects.
Scholarship Benefits: The generous scholarship amounts to appr. € 2191,- before taxes in the first year of the appointment, increasing to appr. € 2801,- before taxes in the fourth year. Tution fees do not apply.
Eligibility: Excellent candidates who recently graduated or will graduate shortly in Sociology are invited to apply. Graduates in Psychology, Educational Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: Applications should be submitted online only through the ICS website. In order to apply you need to complete ALL of the following steps:
- Start reading all these instructions first
- Download the mandatory electronic application form
- Save this form on your own computer
- Carefully complete all the required fields in this application form
- Next create ONE pdf file consisting of all required extra documents (grade sheets, certificates, publications, etc). You will thus submit two files, namely, (a) the file comprising the application form and (b) a file comprising all other documents.
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button below on this page and fill in all required fields (there is some overlap with the application form, but we need this information again due to system requirements)
- Here you will be asked to upload the completed electronic application form together with the one single pdf file (that you created in step 5.)
- Submit your application.
Deadline: The deadline for PhD applications is May 10, 2017.