PHD Scholarship at the Faculty of Science offered by the University of Sydney.
Following subject are available to study this scholarship program.
The University of Sydney will provide $30,000 p.a. stipend for up to 3 years to the selected applicants towards the applied PhD programme.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a domestic or international student
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled in a full-time PhD at the Faculty of Science
- Be willing to research into in the first-principles design and discovery of novel low-dimensional high-temperature superconductors
- Hold an honours degree (first-class or second class upper) or a master’s degree in a related field with a substantial research component
- Have a background in condensed matter or quantum physics, materials science/engineering or chemistry.
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the student portal of the university to carry out the application process. Candidates can apply for the scholarship here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic merit,
- Area of study and/or research proposal
- Curriculum vitae,
- Previous research experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in ab initio computations.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must hold a master’s degree before applying for this grant.
- Language Requirement: The applicants need to satisfy the English Language Requirements of the university.
The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 5 May 2022