The Australian Embassy is seeking applications for a Social Media and Events Management Officer. At least one vacancy will be filled through this process, with suitable candidates merit listed for future vacancies.
Under the direction of the First Secretary (Political), the Public Diplomacy Officer and Australian Embassy leadership, the Social Media and Events Management Officer works to help deliver the Embassy’s social media and support public diplomacy events and other initiatives which promote the Australian Government’s activities as well as Australian society, culture and arts.
This position is available immediately, and after an initial three-month probationary period, the successful candidate may be offered a 24-month contract, with the possibility of renewal and ultimately permanent employment.
The successful candidate will have:
- good experience using social media in a professional context with an ability to liaise with relevant government, media and other stakeholders
- sound experience assisting with international visit programs and events
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- the ability to provide quick, high-quality translation and interpretation between English and Khmer
- experience with photography, videography and/or graphic design programs, or the ability to develop this experience quickly
- understanding of international issues relevant to Australia would be an advantage.
A competitive salary package is offered, including participation in a performance management and bonus scheme. The basic monthly salary range for the position is USD1,332 to USD1,616.
A full description of the role is available here, and the selection criteria and information on how to apply are available here. Only applications which address the selection criteria will be considered – this should include explanations of how candidates have achieved workplace objectives and overcome problems. Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] with “Social Media and Events Management Officer” as the subject line, by 5pm on Friday, 25 February 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
DFAT is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace where all employees are valued. We appreciate the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals. We actively encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and people from diverse backgrounds.