Description of the Programme
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) launches the 10th Summer Internship Programme to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the programme is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
At CRG you will find first class core technologies and a broad training portfolio in our multidisciplinary, international community. Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities.
A maximum of 6 internship positions will be awarded in 2022.
- Undergraduates in Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Medicine, Biochemistry, Chemistry) with an excellent academic record.
- Master students are not eligible.
- Two full years (4 semesters) of undergraduate course work completed by the time the internship commences.
- Candidates may not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2022).
- Candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”.
- High level of English.
- You have the availability to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s).
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over 2 months between June and September 2022, however, all summer internship fellows should be at CRG the week of the 18th July 2022 as there will be some specific training activities organized for all the candidates.
The intensive nature of the programme requires a full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities and provide a final scientific report.
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Programme are accepted exclusively online through our.
The application will include the following information:
- The registration form duly completed in English.
- Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Description of your interests in life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Programme, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
- You will be asked to provide the contact details of at least one referee. Afterwards, the online system will send an automatic email to the referee with the steps to follow to upload their reference letter to your application form. Once their letter is uploaded to the system, you will receive a notification.
- You will only be able to submit the application once all requested fields and documents (transcripts & reference letter(s)) are included.