Facebook is delighted to announce its Research Internship in Eye and Face Tracking to study in the USA. Interns must be pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field. This is an unpaid internship program offered for the duration of 16 weeks. International students are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Field of Internship: Facebook research topics include (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning, with an emphasis on tracking eyes and/or faces
- Geometric modeling and nonlinear optimization for tracking or compact representation of high-dimensional functions.
- Photometric reconstruction of eyes and faces using advanced capture and rendering techniques
- Statistical modeling of oculomotor systems and sensor fusion algorithms
- Eye movement prediction and perceptual control loops
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Facebook
Internship can be taken in Redmond, WA, USA
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Experience with C/C++, numerical optimization, and/or machine learning
- Experience with basic optical systems, with an emphasis on the optics of the human eye
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision and machine learning related conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, NIPS, etc.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship program.
Internship Description: Oculus Research Redmond is looking for exceptional interns to help create the next generation of virtual and augmented reality. Our research focuses on true solutions to complex tracking problems, delivering novel technologies and algorithms fundamental to future VR and AR systems. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with industry-leading researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The Facebook team at Oculus Research offers sixteen (16) weeks long internship with flexible starting dates.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Internship Application Deadline: Contact Employer