GNI Emerging Voices Fellowship 2021 for Professionals: The Global Network Initiative is pleased to announce the GNI Emerging Voices Fellowship 2021 for professionals based in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. The fellowship will grant up to $10,000 USD to fellows in the eligible regions.
The fellowship seeks to enhance online freedom of expression and privacy around the world by facilitating collaboration and conversation among stakeholders. Fellowships include funding to participate in four GNI Board meetings, networking events, engage in GNI activities as well as work with GNI’s diverse membership.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Global Network Initiative
Fellowship to be taken at: USA
Fellowship Worth: up to $10,000 USD funding
Fellowship Slot: Not specified
Country Eligibility: countries in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the GNI Emerging Voices Fellowship 2021 for Professionals, applicants must:
- Be based in Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, or sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrate experience or interest and aptitude for working on freedom of expression and privacy issues in the ICT sector.
- Be available to attend three in-person meetings (heatl and travel restrictions permitting) and one remote (call-in) event, as well as preparation calls.
- Show willingness to designate one member of the applying organization to be the main point of contact for the fellowship.
- Possess experience in one or more of GNI’s four policy priorities of network disruptions, intermediary liability, surveillance, jurisdictional assertions and limits.
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the GNI Emerging Voices Fellowship 2021 for Professionals are to complete the online form before the application deadline.
Applications should be submitted by those individuals who represent their organization throughout the fellowship duration.
Application Deadline: 5pm ET /10pm UTC on December 30, 2020