Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $41.7K to $52.7K per year is Indeed’s estimated salary for intern in Remote.
Full Job Description:
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
The UNDP Blue Resilience project is funded by the Norwegian government via its Blue Justice Initiative (BJI) Secretariat in cooperation with the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. The BJI responds to the need to cooperate and build capacity to address transnational organized crime in the global fishing industry specifically by supporting developing countries to implement measures to deter and counter transnational organized fisheries crime.
The aim of the Blue Resilience project is to strengthen the capacity for institutional cooperation towards effective governance responses to addressing organized crime in the fisheries sector. The project focuses on improved institutional cooperation, nationally and cross-border, to more effectively address fisheries crime in target countries, in close cooperation with local UNDP offices. The Blue Resilience ‘CO-LAB’ – a facilitated country-tailored process designed to strengthen national resilience to fisheries crime, is currently under development. The CO-LAB is informed by empirical research and employs a blended system- and design-thinking approach.
UNDP Blue Resilience facilitates access to and use of digital tools in support of the CO-LAB. This includes via administration of the secure digital platform (the Blue Justice Community), which, facilitates communication and cooperation between government users in target countries. Blue Resilience is a three-phase project, currently in its second phase, focusing on the development and piloting of the CO-LAB and strengthening and uptake of digital services under the Blue Justice Community.
The project is seeking an intern to support the team. The internship will, at a general level, offer exposure to relevant UN work and networks and an introduction into the UN as an institution, as well as entail specific substantive and administrative support tasks.
We seek a 100% intern based within the Central European Time Zone (CET).
Duties and Responsibilities
Broadly, the project assistant intern would provide support in four main areas of work:
- Provide administrative support to the project manager.
- Provide assistance to the governance expert in drafting and launching the Blue CO-LAB.
- Provide assistance to the Blue Resilience team in piloting the Blue CO-LAB.
- Provide administrative assistance in relation to the Blue Justice Community.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is imperative.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.