- Palo Alto, CA
- Intern will work on projects within a sub-system like battery management algorithms, vehicle dynamics control, torque production and motor control, thermal and HVAC controls etc.
- Depending on the project, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop control-oriented models of various systems in the car
- Use them to develop and refine estimation and control algorithms
- Work with firmware/integration engineers to implement, test, debug, and calibrate your algorithms in our cars
- Develop analysis tools to track performance of these algorithms in the fleet
- Participate in cross functional efforts to define control system capability and establish actuation/sensing requirements
- Working towards a BS,MS, or higher degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong proficiency with creating and using dynamic models of mechanical, electrical, or thermal systems, in Matlab/Simulink/Python or similar environments
- Basic background in model-based control design
- Proficiency with analysis of large data sets in Matlab/Python or similar environments
- Strong willingness to collaborate cross-functionally, work hands-on, and dive into open-ended projects in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work with actual vehicles test-benches to test your algorithms
- Basic proficiency with C/C++
- Strong background in linear systems, state-estimation, first principles design/analysis, and real-world implementation of control systems
- Strong background in a specific area like battery management, vehicle dynamics, motor control, thermal management, torque production, etc.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.