Scholarship Description: Trinity College Dublin is offering Constantina Maxwell Faculty Studentship for the academic year 2018/19. This studentship seeks to acknowledge the quality of entrants to the MPhil programme in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict and the on-going contribution of MPhil students to the Department of Sociology. It aims to support and develop gifted postgraduate students.
Scholarship Provider: Trinity College is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland.
Degree Level: Studentship is available to study MPhil programme.
Available Subject: This studentship is open to EU and Non-EU postgraduate students undertaking studies on our MPhil programme in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict in 2018/19.
Scholarship benefits: The value of the studentship is a 5,000 euro contribution towards MPhil tuition fees (EU or Non-EU) in academic year 2018/19.
Number of Scholarships: As only one studentship will be available in 2018-19, applicants are strongly advised to apply for all other funding and grants open to them.
Eligible Countries: This studentship is open to EU and Non-EU postgraduate students.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
This studentship is available to new entrants (EU and Non-EU) to our MPhil programme in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict, for admission in September 2018. In order to be eligible, applicants must hold and have officially accepted an Unconditional Offer of a place on one of these programmes by 31st July 2018.
This studentship is open to EU and Non-EU postgraduate students undertaking studies on our MPhil programme in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict in 2018/19. It is offered subject to the following conditions:
- The holder must engage in full-time study and must register for MPhil in Race, Ethnicity and Conflict in academic year 2018/19;
- The holder must not be a simultaneous holder of other grants, or funding or other awards (or any other awards with a similar monetary value).
Language Requirements: All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 90 – internet based (with a written score of 21)
- University of Cambridge:
- Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE Academic: a minimum score of 63 to be eligible (with no section score below 59)
Application procedure: Applicants who meet the above eligibility criteria and wish to be considered for this studentship must submit a one-page letter no later than 1 August 2018 indicating:
1. Full name and TCD application number (assigned by TCD when the application is submitted);
2. Interest in being considered for the award;
3. The reasons why they believe such an award would be justified.
Letters should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format
Please use the subject title “Constantia Maxwell Faculty Studentship”.
Deadline: August 1, 2018