KAIST was established by the Korean government in 1971 as the nation’s first public, research-oriented science, and engineering institution. KAIST is considered to be one of the most prestigious universities in the nation.
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is ranked 41 in QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities and has an overall score of 4.2 stars, according to student reviews on Studyportals, the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experience at universities from all over the world.
Masters, PhD, Masters leading to PhD.
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 4 semesters (MS) / 10 semesters (MS-PhD Integrated) / 8 semesters (PhD)
- Stipend: 350,000 KRW per month (MS) or 400,000 KRW per month (PhD)
* The stipend rate may vary by research project participation.
- National Health Insurance premium
International Students are eligible and not a citizen of Korea.
- KGPS guarantees full tuition fees and a monthly stipend of KRW 1,000,000 for 2 years.
- The requirement, application term, and selection criteria are the same as KAIST Scholarship.
- KGPS doesn’t require an additional application other than KAIST Scholarship application. Awardees will be selected out of the KAIST Scholarship awardees.