|Enrolment status||New students|
|Student type||International students|
|Level of study||Undergraduate|
|Scholarship value||25% or 50% of the laws component of your degree program|
|Opening date||1 June 2021|
|Closing date||30 October 2021|
The School of Law at the University of Queensland is offering scholarships for outstanding international students seeking admission into either the undergraduate Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/(LLB (Hons)) or the dual degree programs that include the LLB (Hons). High achieving students are encouraged to apply.
This scholarship is offered for students commencing in Semester 1 and Semester 2. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 1 is 30 October. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 2 is 15 May.
These competitive scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law. Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview. Decisions will be made as soon as possible after the closing date.
Students will need to make a separate application to UQ International Admissions into the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) or dual degree programs.
Two scholarships are on offer. One scholarship covering 25% of the tuition fees and, one scholarship will cover 50% of the tuition fees, for LAWS courses undertaken towards the approved law program. The scholarships do not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
- International students who have applied for the undergraduate program in law and who have not yet commenced at UQ.
- Students must not simultaneously hold a similar scholarship.
Before you get started
If this scholarship has rules, download and read them.
How to apply
To apply, students must first complete an application for a place at UQ.
Once you have an existing application with UQ, or have received an offer, you can apply for a scholarship by submitting the online application form together with the following supporting documentation:
- official academic transcript/s
- two reference letters
- Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
- Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at The University of Queensland.
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and interest in a career in law.