The University of Mount Mercy offers undergraduate scholarships each year to outstanding international students based on athletics, and special talents-music, drama, art, and writing. These scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree at Mount Mercy University in the USA.
The aim of the undergraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able international students.
Mount Mercy University, located in beautiful Cedar Rapids, Iowa, offers students a fulfilling education, promising people of all backgrounds solid preparation for a changing world. Our nearly 1,900 students come from around the globe, creating a vibrant, diverse and open-minded campus community.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Available Subject: These Scholarships are awarded in athletics, and special talents-music, drama, art, and writing.
Scholarship Benefits: These Scholarships will cover 50% of the costs of study, including scholarships for academics, athletics, and special talents-music, drama, art, and writing.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Cumulative freshman grade point average of 2.75 or equivalent
- Cumulative transfer grade point average of 2.50 or equivalent
- Students who do not meet the minimum grade point or test scores may still apply. The Admission Committee will review any files of those students who do not meet the minimum standards or who warrant concern. Any admission conditions and/or course recommendations will be determined on an individual basis by the Committee. If the student is an athlete, they must meet the guidelines to be eligible to play (per NAIA Article V, sections C and C.2).
Eligible Nationalities: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- A complete application file includes the following:
- A completed paper or online application and personal statement
- Official high school transcripts translated into English by a court-certified English Language Translator
- Official college and/or foreign university transcripts (for transfer students) translated into English and evaluated by a foreign credit evaluation agency
- Official scores from a Test of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, STEP Eiken, ACT or SAT)
- Certification of funding sources (certificate of finance or letter with affidavit from bank)
- A scanned copy of your passport to ensure we have the correct spelling of your name for SEVIS processing.
Deadline: The application deadline is August 1, 2017.