Scholarship Description: The University of Groningen is currently accepting applications for UG PhD scholarship to talented students who would like to pursue PhD degree programme. Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Students must have very good command of spoken and written English. Dutch proficiency is an asset.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Global and Local Governance.
Scholarship Benefits: There are two types of scholarships within the programme:
Full scholarship: a grant of 1700 EUR netto per month;
Supplemental scholarship: students who have acquired a scholarship from a foreign government/foundation that is lower than 1700 EUR per month can get a supplemental monthly grant from the University of Groningen.
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant academic field
- Demonstrable affinity with qualitative and quantitative research methods. Research experience is an asset
- Highly developed conceptual capacity and analytical skills
- Very good record of undergraduate and graduate studies
- Very good command of spoken and written English. Dutch proficiency is an asset
- Very good individual and collaborative working skills, including the ability to plan, organize and monitor work
- Strong motivation to complete a PhD dissertation in four years.
English Language Requirements: Very good command of spoken and written English. Dutch proficiency is an asset.
Application Procedure: Candidates may apply for this opportunity before 31 March 2018 Central European Time by using the Apply button.
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- A letter providing their motivation and key qualifications
- A current curriculum vitae
- A copy of diploma with a list of course grades
- Reference letters from two academic referees
- A research proposal of up to 2000 words, covering state of the art, main research question, key objectives, and relevance, the proposed (methodological) approach, a brief description of the relevant literature, and a provisional timetable
- A writing sample of no more than 5000 words, e.g. an essay or part of a Master’s thesis.
Deadline: March 31, 2018