Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships for International Students in UK 2014
Newcastle University and INTO Newcastle University invite applications for the Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships. Total 10 scholarships will be awarded, out of these 6 are available for the September intake and 4 for the January intake. Scholarships are available to all international students applying for the following INTO Newcastle University Foundation pathways programme. Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 for specified programmes.
- Scholarships are awarded for the following INTO Newcastle University Foundation pathways: Foundation pathway in Business and Management, Foundation pathway in Humanities and Social Sciences, Foundation pathway in Physical Sciences and Engineering, Foundation pathway in Biological and Biomedical Sciences and Foundation pathway in Architecture.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing foundation programme before enrolling on a Newcastle University undergraduate degree programme.
Eligibility: -All international fee-paying students. -Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades. – Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 for specified programmes. -Students must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- International students can apply for these Foundation scholarships.
- 10 Foundation scholarships are offered (6 scholarships available for the September intake and 4 scholarships available for the January intake).
- The value of scholarship is £15,900. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship worth half of their tuition fees which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation programme tuition fees. Upon successful completion (and subject to achieving specified grades for entry), students entering degree programmes at Newcastle University will receive a further half of their Foundation tuition fees (which will be deducted from the University’s Year 1 tuition fees). Successful applicants will receive a scholarship worth half of their tuition fees which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation programme tuition fees.
- Successful candidates will be notified by 18th July 2014 and 15th August 2014 (September 2014 intake) and 21st November 2014 (January 2015 intake).
- Apply for the Foundation programme at Newcastle, supplying copies of your academic transcripts and evidence of your current English language level. After this, complete a Newcastle University Foundation Scholarship application form (pages 5 – 7 of this document) including a personal statement explaining why you want to study at Newcastle University and how the degree programme will help you in the future. The statement must be typed in English and be no more than 200 words. You will need to submit your scholarship application to ukadmissions-at-into.uk.com to be filed with your course application.
- For September 2014 intake: For the September intake there will be two application deadlines. The first deadline for UK International Scholarships is \4th July 2014. The second deadline is 1st August 2014. For January 2015 intake: The deadline for all applications is 7th November 2014.