Scholarship Description: The Faculty of Science and Technology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is inviting applications for PhD scholarship within robotic grasping and manipulation.
Scholarship provider: The Norwegian University of Life Sciences is a public university located in Norway. NMBU’s mission is to contribute to the well-being of the planet. Our interdisciplinary research generates innovations in food, health, environmental protection, climate and sustainable use of natural resources.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: The PhD scholarship is part of the project “Robotised cells to obtain efficient meat production for the Norwegian meat industry (MeaTable)”, funded by the Research Council of Norway, with duration: 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2021.
Scholarship Benefits: The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1017 PhD. Fellow, wage framework 20 (salary grade 36-62). PhD. Fellows are normally placed in pay grade 51 (NOK 443 900) on the Norwegian Government salary scale upon employment and follow ordinary meriting regulations.
Employment is conducted according to national guidelines for University and Technical College PhD scholars.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The successful applicant must meet the conditions defined for admission to a PhD programme at NMBU. The applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are a master’s degree level. The applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies, and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English. For more detailed information on the admission criteria please see the PhD Regulations and the relevant PhD programme description.
The applicant must document expertise and interest in the research subject.
Required Academic qualifications
- A relevant Master degree in Robotics, Control, Computer Science or Engineering Cybernetics with an average grade B or better as measured in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) grades.
- Proficiency in robotics and control.
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling, statistical methods.
- Hands-on experience from implementing algorithms on real systems.
- Excellent programming skills
Desired Academic qualifications
- Experience with ROS and python/C++
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence.
- Construction of robots, hands-on experience in building robotic systems.
- Experience with cobots, HMI, etc
Required personal skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Result-oriented and highly motivated
- High work capacity
- Ability to collaborate
Desired personal skills
- Establish research networks,
- Work independently under varying conditions
- Create a good atmosphere in the research group
Application Procedure: To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the ‘Apply for this job button above. This will route you to the University’s Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Applications should include (electronically) a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, full publication list, copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified), and a list of two persons who may act as references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses). Publications should be included electronically within the application deadline. The relevant NMBU Department may require further documentation, e.g. proof of English proficiency.
Deadline: June 5, 2018