Scholarship Title: PhD Research Fellowship in Ecotoxicology at University of Oslo in Norway, 2018
Scholarship Description: Applicants are invited for PhD Research Fellowship in Ecotoxicology is available at Section for Aquatic Biology and Toxicology (AQUA), Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo (UiO). Fellowship is exclusively open for international students.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Ecotoxicology.
Scholarship Benefits: Salary (applicable for the University of Oslo)
Position code 1017, Pay grade: NOK 436 900 – 490 900 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Master’s degree or equivalent in toxicology or marine ecology, relevant to this PhD project.
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required of all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests:
TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language.
IELTS – International English Language Testing Service.
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge.
Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test, or a minimum score of 6.5 from the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for post doctoral research fellow positions.
Application Procedure: The application must include:
- Application letter, including a pointwise explanation of how the applicant fits the selection criteria detailed above.
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of English proficiency (for applicants from non-EU/EEA countries).
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
- A short text that outlines the candidate´s motivation and ideas for a project within the described field of research (1-2 pages).
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
- In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Deadline: January 21, 2018