Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is delighted to offer PhD fellowship in Learning Analytics and Interaction to study in Norway. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The primary aim of the PhD project is to gain a rich and integrated understanding on how multimodal learning analytics (e.g., clickstream interactions, learners’ profile, eye-tracking data) can help us to design effective, efficient, attractive and accessible technologies to actively support and enhance learning.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Learning Analytics and Interaction within The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Scholarship Benefits: The position is in code 1017 Stipendiat, minimum salary grade 50 in the Norwegian State salary scale, typically in salary grade 50-57, gross NOK 432,300 – 485,700 per year, depending on qualifications. A deduction of 2 % is made as a statutory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Number of Scholarships: One position is available.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Learning Technologies, HCI or equivalent with very good results is required, with an average grade B or better as measured in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) grades, or an education at the equivalent level.
- A solid knowledge of interaction design and learning analytics is essential, and a research-oriented master thesis within one of these or related areas are expected.
- Web development and data analysis programming skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Academic publications
Emphasis will be put on personal qualities and potential as a researcher. High importance will also be attached to personal communication and cooperation skills.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Application Procedure: The application must contain
- Information about education and relevant experience (CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grading system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree.
- A statement of purpose (2 pages):
- A short presentation of the motivation for a PhD study
- How the applicant sees his/her background suitable,
- The applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the PhD position
- How multimodal analytics can help us to advance the design of 21stcentury learning systems,
- How the competence of the applicant can contribute to solving these challenges
- Names and contact information of at least two references
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 18, 2017.