Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for OAS-NYIT Scholarship to study at New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in New York City. To qualify for the OAS-NYIT Scholarship, applicants must apply and be admitted to the University and apply to the OAS-NYIT Scholarship separately.
Scholarship Provider: The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) – a dynamic, highly ranked and accredited not-for-profit university committed to educating the next generation of leaders, and to inspiring innovation and advancing entrepreneurship.
Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and graduate programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the programs offered by the institution.
Scholarship Benefits: Undergraduate programme: The University shall provide the following:
- First-year degree programs: Tuition discount of $5,000 – $22,000 / year. Minimum High School GPA of 3.0 and SAT score of 980 required.
- Transfer programs: tuition discount of $5,000 – $13,000 /year. Minimum Transfer GPA of 2.5 required.
- Graduate Programme:
- The University shall provide tuition discount of $1,500 – $3,000 / year (fall and spring semesters only). Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.3 required.
- The Scholarship Recipients of Bahamian citizenship may also qualify to receive additional funding from the Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas through the OAS-GOB scholarship program.
Eligibility Criteria: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
o This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants as well as current students from OAS member states who are not an OAS-NYIT scholarship recipient.
Submit a complete scholarship application to OAS with all required supporting documents
Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except The United States.
o Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link; http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/PAEC/2018/NOTA-SOLICITUD-DGCIN-2017.doc%20and%20send%20it%20to%20the%20National%20Liaison%20Office%20(ONE) in Argentina.
Scholarship Recipients of Bahamian citizenship who apply to the OAS/ Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program may only pursue the programs listed as priority areas for the OAS/Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program. In addition, scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship who do not apply to the OAS/Government of The Bahamas Scholarship Program may pursue any of the programs of study included in the OAS-NYIT Scholarship announcement.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- Current OAS scholarship holders
- GS/OAS staff and their immediate relatives or GS/OAS consultants
- OAS Permanent officials and their immediate relatives.
Application Procedure: To apply for an OAS – NYIT scholarship, the applicant must fill out the OAS online application form and attach the following required supporting documentation:
- Government issued ID
- Admission letter
- Transcriptor record of grades
- Certificate or Diploma
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable
- Proof of Additional Funds
Deadline: July 15, 2018