PhD and Postgraduate Scholarships for International students UK at Edinburgh College of Art
Edinburgh College of Art is delighted to announce its next round of scholarships to applicants for postgraduate programmes in our five Schools: School of Art; School of Design; ESALA (Architecture and Landscape Architecture); History of Art; and the Reid School of Music.
- 5 x ECA PhD Scholarships, for the sum of £13,000 per year for three years, open to new PhD students commencing study in academic year 2014-2015. One ECA PhD Scholarship will be awarded per school. Please note this award is for new PhD entrants only.
- 5 x ECA 1-year PG Scholarships, for the sum of £5,000, open to all new and currently on-programme research and taught postgraduate students from all disciplines across ECA (that is, studying for a PhD, MPhil, MSc by Research, MSc, MMus, MArch, MLA, MA or MFA in one of our five schools).
Please note: ECA will initially liaise with the Academic Registry so that any scholarship award is first used towards meeting 2014-2015 tuition fee costs for the successful candidate. For those awards where there is any remaining balance, this will be paid to the award winner as a stipend.
- All scholarships are for full-time study only. Part-time students may apply, but must transfer to full-time study if your application is successful.
- If wishing to commence a new programme of study in academic year 2014-2015 you must ensure that you have fully submitted your study application using the University’s online system before 28 March 2014. Scholarship applications from prospective students which are not supported by a completed study application (including references) will be set aside and not considered for funding.
Please note: if successful in obtaining funding from any other University of Edinburgh funding sources, recipients of the ECA PhD 3-year Scholarship must relinquish their ECA scholarship
- A Selection Committee will meet shortly after 11 April 2014 to review the scholarship applications.
- Those awarded the scholarships will be contacted during May, and the winners will be announced on the ECA website at the start of the 2014-2015 academic year.
Application Deadline: 11 April 2014
Please click here for more information of;
- Postgraduate Master’s Online Scholarship Application Form
- Postgraduate Research Online Scholarship Application Form
- For further details please contact ECA as follows:
- Edinburgh College of Art