A PhD Scholarship is available at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Business and Management. The successful applicant will work on the topic “Creativity and Business Model Innovation under the supervision of of faculty. The PhD position is co-financed with the Sino-Danish Center (SDC) for Education and Research.
The aim of the PhD project is to contribute to our knowledge on the role of creativity in business model innovation processes.
Aalborg University is a Danish university located mainly in Aalborg, Denmark with campuses in Aalborg, Esbjerg and Copenhagen
A good proficiency in English is required in order to publish and present research results at international academic journals and conferences and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Creativity and Business Model Innovation.
Scholarship Benefits: Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 19 August 2015. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
- Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master program who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
- The PhD scholarship will be allocated to an individual who holds a relevant Masters degree in the Social Sciences, such as for example Business Administration, Innovation Studies, or similar.
- Applicants are expected to have strong analytical abilities and exhibit high degrees of independence and maturity in their research work. These include formulating good and relevant research questions, warranting these in the extant theoretical literature and provide initial ideas for a research design.
- Applicants are also expected to be capable of collaborating closely with industry and across cultures. Prior experience from China is an advantage.
- Furthermore, a good proficiency in English is required in order to publish and present research results at international academic journals and conferences and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English.
- SDC regulations stipulate that candidates must (at the time of application) have had a recent affiliation with the Danish higher education system to be eligible to apply.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Application Procedure: The applications should be submitted online. Application requirements
- Applications for enrolment and allocation of scholarship must include the following:
- Letter of motivation
- Project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- Information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree thesis and published articles (if any)
- Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
- Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- References/recommendations from at least two professors
- Application for credit transfer if relevant
Deadline: The application deadline is June 20, 2017.