Scholarship Description: The Cardiff University is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship in Engineering: Optimisation for novel structural-material configuration. The primary approach of interest is topology optimisation using the level set method to produce new and unintuitive design.
Scholarship Provider: Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, competence in the English language is also a criterion of admission.
Degree Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Engineering.
|Tuition fee support||Full UK/EU tuition fees|
|Maintenance stipend||Doctoral stipend matching UK Research Council National Minimum|
Number of Scholarships: One studentship is available.
Eligible Nationalities: Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions (UK/EU and International).
|Residency||Open to all students of any nationality without restrictions (UK/EU and International)|
|Academic criteria||Candidates should hold or expect to gain a First class or a good 2.1 MEng degree and/or an appropriate Master’s level qualification (or their equivalent) in a relevant subject area (such as Engineering, Physics, and Applied Mathematics).|
Application Procedure: In the first instance interested applicants are invited to send a CV and covering letter to Engineering-PGR-at-Cardiff.ac.uk.
- Please ensure that you quote the studentship reference ‘ENG-HAK-2’ in the subject field.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit an online application form.
- In the “Research proposal and Funding” section of your application, please specify the project title and supervisors of this project and copy the project description in the text box provided.
- Please select “No, I am not self-funding my research” when asked whether you are self-funding your research.
- Please add “PhD in Engineering: Optimisation for novel structural-material configuration” when asked “Please provide the name of the funding you are applying for”.
- The deadline for applications may be closed early if a successful candidate has been appointed.
Deadline: September 30, 2018