Scholarship Description: The University of Bergen (UiB) is offering a 4 years position as the postdoctoral fellowship at the Faculty of Humanities, for employment from autumn 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded at the Faculty of Humanities in Medieval studies. The postdoctoral research project must be within the field of medieval studies, and relate to one of the relevant disciplines at the Faculty for Humanities, such as Archaeology, Art History, Comparative Literature, Classical philology (Greek or Latin), Cultural studies, History, Old Norse philology, Philosophy, Study of Religions and Theatre Studies.
Scholarship Benefits: The fellowship can offer:
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary at pay grade 57(code 1352 / pay range 24.1) according to the government salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 490 500. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
Applicants must hold a Norwegian PhD or equivalent degree, or must have submitted the doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded before appointment can take place.
Application Procedure: Please apply electronically via the link “APPLY FOR THIS JOB”.
The applicant must complete the electronic CV-form. In addition, the application must include:
- An account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- A project description, with progress plan and basic bibliography (max. 5 pages)
- A short summary of the doctoral thesis (or the thesis itself in electronic format)
- Transcripts and diplomas awarded from institutions of higher education (scanned)
- A list of relevant academic publications
- The names and contact information for two reference persons.
Deadline: April 30, 2018