Scholarship Description: The Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases (NORD) Translational Area (DTA) of Roche Pharmaceutical Research & Early Development (pRED) is inviting applications for Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for 2 years.
Scholarship Provider: Roche is seeking an independent and highly motivated researcher for a Postdoctoral Fellowship to develop and apply state of the art retinal single cell sequencing profiles and gain a better understanding about the mechanism of action of a novel microglial targeting drug.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Discovery Ophthalmology. This group of Roche scientists is focused on the clinical translation of therapeutic approaches for eye diseases, including age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma.
Eligible Nationalities: This fellowship is available for all nationalities.
You have obtained a PhD no longer than four years ago in Ophthalmology, Molecular Biology, or Natural Science. If you bring as well many of the following skills and competencies, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
- You have a profound understanding of complex biology and are eager to identify underlying mechanisms that will drive next-generation therapeutics
- You have a formal background in ophthalmology
- You have experience of the state-of-the-art single cell RNA sequencing techniques, ideally from retinal tissues
- You have a track record of hands-on experience with animal handling and procedures, including injections
- You are a specialist in independently planning and executing mechanistic studies using in vivo and/or ex vivo ocular disease models
- You published as a leading author in top-tier journals
- You have a strong team spirit, and you like to work in international teams
- Your excellent English skills, written and spoken, complete your profile
Application Procedure: Please include a detailed CV with a publication list, and a cover letter describing your interests and your expected date of availability.
Deadline: Open for applications