Scholarship Description: The School of Business at the University of Leicester is delighted to be able to offer six studentships. This award covers full-time fee waiver at UK/EU or International rates depending on applicant status.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Leicester is a public research university based in Leicester, England. The main campus is south of the city centre, adjacent to Victoria Park.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate research programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded at the School of Business.
Scholarship Benefits: The Studentship comprises a stipend of £14,777 plus a fee waiver (H/EU/International) for three years.
This award covers full-time fee waiver at UK/EU or International rates depending on applicant status.
The successful applicants are also entitled to a Research Training Support Grant of £750 per annum to finance their research activities as appropriate.
Studentship holders are full-time campus-based postgraduate students registered for a PhD at the University of Leicester. They receive a stipend over a period of three years. Please note that Studentship holders are not formally contracted to assist with teaching or research during this period.
Number of Scholarships: There are six studentships available.
Eligible Nationalities: UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: UK/EU/International applications welcome.
All applicants must submit:
- A completed online postgraduate application form
- A PhD research proposal of no more than 4000 words.
- A 750-word Personal Statement
Why you are interested in the Studentship funding, with emphasis on how the financial assistance provided by this funding will enable you to undertake a PhD with the School of Business.
Applicants should state how they would make an interesting contribution to their field of study.
Applicants whose statement does not conform to the expectations outlined above, will not be considered for shortlisting
- Two references (preferably from academic institutions) either upload reference letters or add the contact details of referees when prompted.
- Copies of your degree transcripts and certificates from your first (Bachelors) and second degree (Masters)
- Evidence of English language capabilities was required if applicable
Submit your application using our online application system
- Click on the Online Application Form link – in the drop-down menu select: Campus-based Full Time / Management Research / September 2018 and follow the prompts.
- In the Funding section of the online application form please state you wish to be considered for the School of Business Studentship 2018.
- In order to submit the 750 Word Statement, you need to click on the “Personal Statement” tab. Please upload the statement as a WORD or PDF document.
Deadline: March 25, 2018