Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for Renova research scholarship for PhD students and young researchers working in the environmental field in Sweden.
The Renova Environmental Scholarship intends to stimulate research aimed at improving recycling and waste management through preventing waste, more effective recycling or a reduction in the environmental load arising from such systems.
About Institute: The Renova Group is owned by ten municipalities in western Sweden. Our mission is to work with our owner municipalities in taking responsibility for waste and recycling over the long term. We aim to deliver community benefit through business activities and to actively contribute to sustainable development within our owners’ region.
Degree Level: Scholarship is available to PhD students and young researchers.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the environmental field.
Scholarship Benefits: Renova donates a scholarship worth SEK 50,000 to PhD students and young researchers at the Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg who are working in environmental research and relevant to Renova’s business operations.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
1. The scholarship is awarded directly to the recipient and is non-taxable. It is created to stimulate Ph.D. students and young researchers working in all scientific disciplines at the Chalmers University of Technology and the University of Gothenburg. The scholarship should in the first instance be used to develop the person’s own research.
2.The Renova Environmental Scholarship intends to stimulate research aimed at improving recycling and waste management through preventing waste, more effective recycling or a reduction in the environmental load arising from such systems.
Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure: Applicants for the scholarship as outlined above are required to submit a written application in Swedish or English, consisting of no more than five pages plus possible enclosure, see below. The application must contain the following:
1) The applicant’s name, age and contact details (address and home/work telephone numbers).
2) Present employment at or link the Chalmers University of Technology or the University of Gothenburg and the name of the department to which they belong.
3) A brief account of the applicant’s scientific and/or engineering results.
a) Background, methodology, and areas covered by the research.
b) Achieved results
– The most important results
– If several persons are included in the reported work, the applicant’s own contribution should be clearly stated.
4) Linkage and importance to the area covered by the scholarship
– Details on how the research is linked to the area covered by the scholarship.
– Details on how the research can contribute to the creation of know-how and improvements in the area covered by the scholarship.
5) An account of how the scholarship can contribute to the further development of results and ideas, and how this is linked to and of importance to the area covered by the scholarship.
6) References to supervisors or other persons who can provide information about the work to which the application refers.
Enclosure: A brief list of scientific publications and other possible merits relevant to the application.
Deadline: February 8, 2018