Scholarship Description: The new 2018 President’s Scholarship for International Students . SWUFE provides Full Scholarships and Partial Scholarships.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide full and partial financial aid to Non-Chinese students.
Scholarship Provider: The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) is a top university specialized in finance, economics, and business. It is known for its entrepreneurial character and unremitting endeavours to address the needs of the people and society through academics, research, and influence on alumni, drawn from the legacy of its founders and generations of excellent alumni. SWUFE is located in Chengdu, the engine-city for the development of Western China and the fourth-largest aviation hub in China.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Bachelor, master and PhD programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: SWUFE provides Full Scholarships and Partial Scholarships.
a) Tuition: Waived
b) Accommodation on campus: RMB 500-800/month (Different types of dormitory)
c) Living allowance: RMB 1200/month for bachelor students, RMB 1500/month for master students and RMB 1800/month for PhD students.
d) Medical insurance fee: Waived
Partial Scholarship only includes tuition.
Availability of scholarships is merit-based. According to the situation of effective application, quota and type of scholarships are decided by the CIE each year.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Eligible Nationalities: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local governments, as well as the regulations of SWUFE.
- Education background:
- Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have a graduate certificate from high schools
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree
- Applicants must meet all requirements of the majors, including academic level, research ability, language level and others.
- The maximum age of applicants is 30 years of age for a bachelor’s degree program, 35 years of age for a master’s degree program, and 40 years of age for a PhD program;
- Applicants are not sponsored by any other type of scholarship.
Application Procedure: Applicants shall all submit their online applications on http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do before April 15th, 2018, and upload all documents required as below:
- International Students Application Form of the President’s Scholarship of SWUFE
- One passport photo, not older than 6 months
- Highest educational degree or diploma certificate
- Highest educational transcript
- Copy of the first page of your passport
- Two recommendation letters
The referee should be professor or associate professor or person with the relevant academic titles.
- Copy of a language certificate
- Medical Examination Report (not older than one year)
- Other optional documents