The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University. It is for Master’s programmes that start on 30 August 2021 and are offered during the current admission round. The scholarships do not cover living expenses.
Level of study:
- You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo, India, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
- You must show why you are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need of the educational environment at Uppsala University, as well as that you have the academic talent required.
- You can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for a Master’s programme at Uppsala University chosen as first priority (the programme which you have ranked the highest of the four programmes you can choose at University Admissions).
- You must have applied for the Master’s programme before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the programme you applied to. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.